As mentioned in the post on the Newry mapathon high quality drone imagery was available to map with. Here is a tutorial on how to access it and use it in the ID editor or JOSM for mapping.
To access this wonderful imagery go to www.openaerialmap.org, first go to click on the blue ‘start exploring’ button, which will bring you to a page that shows a image of the world. At the top of the page, put newry into the search bar, then click on a square in the middle of the city. On the left hand side the first option should be titled Newry CITY Core, by Conor Graham. Click on that and it should overlay the central map. while giving extra information in the left pane. One of the options is ‘Open in’ and iD editor, which should be available if you are signed into your account with the same browser. The link for JOSM doesn’t automatically bring it in there and requires a few more steps.
To do this, look for the ‘copy image url’, ‘TMS’, click on it once, go into JOSM, then imagery, preferences, add TMS. Put the link in the top box, name the tileset in the bottom box. Import the data layer from openstreetmap.org as normal and select the new name from the drop down menu in imagery. It may take awhile for it to load, they are very detailed!
- Get Your Stickers Here! - 02-Jan-2021
- #Mapvember Lockdown extravaganza - 07-Nov-2020
- Socially distant mapping for Clonmel Heritage week - 28-Oct-2020
- Map at home event update - 20-Apr-2020
- YouTube channel Launch - 15-Apr-2020
- Events for 2020 - 15-Dec-2019
- Kilkenny Event Blog - 15-Dec-2019
- Using drone imagery of Newry - 25-Nov-2019
- Community Event – NUI Galway - 25-Nov-2019
- Community Event in Newry - 24-Nov-2019