The OSM community have just surpassed the 47,000 townlands mark! Earlier last week http://www.townlands.ie, stopped updating (new townlands stopped appearing as they were added). After an investigation into the problem it was found that the database had grown so much that an upgrade is needed! The administrator (RoryM) has had to purchase additional storage space to accommodate the processing of the townlands.
With County Cavan now being completed, that now means the province of Ulster is now completed as well.
So we are now at 76.8% and according to townlands.ie statistics :
- If we take the rate since Feb. 26, 2014 of 0.10% per day, we’ll be finished on (only 8 months 2 weeks left).
- If we take the rate since 90 days ago (Sept. 24, 2015) of 0.11% per day, we’ll be finished on Aug. 15, 2016 (only 7 months 3 weeks 5 days left).
- If we take the rate since last month (Nov. 23, 2015) of 0.09% per day, we’ll be finished on Sept. 12, 2016 (only 8 months 3 weeks 3 days left).
- If we take the rate since yesterday (Dec. 22, 2015) of 0.20% per day, we’ll be finished on April 25, 2016 (only 4 months 4 days left).
So based on this information when do you think the townlands will be 100% complete?
- Targets hit this week – 24th May 2016 - 24-May-2016
- Meet Up – April 2016 - 22-Apr-2016
- Townland Heat Map - 27-Jan-2016
- Targets hit this week – 23rd December 2015 - 23-Dec-2015
- 90 Young mappers and one flabbergasted older one! - 14-Dec-2015
- A few targets hit this week – 28th November 2015 - 28-Nov-2015
- Irish Vice Counties - 16-Nov-2015
- Help translate townlands.ie - 01-Nov-2015
- “State of OpenStreetMap in Ireland” interview - 01-Nov-2014