Sadly, due to lack of publicizing about this meetup and the relatively short notice given, turn out was pretty low for this event.
However, the nature of the conversations and demo’s went to a deeper level due to the smaller crowd which was a nice side benefit. Some of the things shown off included:
- Brian showing samples of old maps that have recently come into his possession.
- A Mapillary walk-through was given by myself and phone holders, kindly donated by Mapillary, were given out to all at the event
- Ciaran gave a talk on a tool created by an Icelandic mapper which may prove very useful for tracking completion of large areas down to the village/hamlet level
- Ken showed off his hack for a phone holder using an old cassette case much to the amusement of all attending
One thing agreed by all attending was that it had been too long since our last meetup and that we really need to get ourselves organised into a proper entity. More on this over the next few weeks through the mailing list…..
- An attempt to geocode the list of schools from Dept. Ed. leads nowhere - 08-Feb-2016
- Collaboration with Blueprint Reprographics - 19-Jan-2016
- The Dublin Pub walk question….answered….again - 15-Nov-2015
- HSE patient waiting list data – visualised by OSM Ireland and Open Knowledge Ireland - 04-Sep-2015
- A few targets hits this week – 12th August 2015 - 12-Aug-2015
- The bendiest roads in the world, by Rory McCann - 03-Jul-2015
- Design competition for a new logo - 01-Jul-2015
- 2015 Meetup # 1 – Fingal County Council Offices, Swords - 28-Jun-2015